Sunday, September 24, 2017

Carney Family Newsletter for September

Back to school you'all


Everyone is back in school (except John) but it's not the same as when they were little :-(
Thinking of Halloween and there again probably no one will be going out this year. I loved getting all the pictures of the kids in their Halloween costumes....my favorite holiday.
Speaking of school, it's a bit hot too be in school. In fact, it is darn right steamy.  I'd be dozing off about 2pm. Study hard all of you, whether you are in high school or college




Birthday Boys
Happy 16th birthday, Mikey
and to you as well Liam!






Our Allison, the Chef
 Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach




 They started out making stock and soups and then on to sauces. This week it was everything eggs. Below: Eggs Benedict.......made by Allison.





Fried Green Tomatoes with Mike and Twin
 It takes .........
 Determination
 Finesse 
 and the joy of cooking!






Chicago
 Emma, with friends, at a restaurant that has swings instead of seats....cool!





Niagara Falls
 Ontario Canada
Jim and Mary Ann enjoyed 4 days at the falls. Below they did the Maid of the Mist ( they call it something else on the Canadian side) and got soaked. Beautiful weather and a nice time had by all.





Back to School
 Liam, first day of school




Detroit
 Thank you Tim, for giving up one of your vacation days to spend with me in Detroit. I had a great day! I know it's not easy following behind a photographer who is focused on getting "the shot". I loved the ride on the new Qline and lunch at the Grand Trunk.
Patiently waiting



Homecoming
 Where are all the girls?

Liam and his buddies





1950
Roosevelt Elementary School
(click to enlarge)
Can you find me in this picture? This was third grade....my first year in public school. I thought that my teacher, Miss Clark, was a movie star. She was so beautiful and really nice. I loved school from that day forward. I remember so many of the faces.....most of them I went through 12th grade with. The two girls to my right were in my high school "club" The Bopteens. Silly I know but we sure had a great time. I count 39, a big class by today's standards.  I also remember the courtyard where this photo was taken. My Dad went to high school in the building behind us. Now, of course, it has all been torn down.





Until next month....
Enjoy October, the best month of the year. Send me news and pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment