Thursday, December 25, 2014

Welcome friends and family to our new newsletter blog.

I plan on one more hard copy newsletter coming up in the next few weeks and will formally announce our new blog. After almost 14 years, I have decided that I have to go with the times and go online. I think that this picture was taken in 2000 about the time that I started the newsletter.
I have many reasons for the change. One of them being that the program that I use drives me crazy. It takes forever to do the newsletter as it is always shutting down, won't let me save and in general is a pain in the neck.
The other reason is the cost of the ink which when printing out as much color  as the newsletter has, goes quickly so between the cost of the ink and the brochure paper is reason enough.
I also feel that since I get almost no feedback , I often wonder if anyone out there is even reading it. On the positive side, Amy has saved every newsletter and has them in plastic sleeves in a binder. When I go to visit, I love looking back. To see the kids grow up from one newsletter to the next is pretty cool....that I will miss. Also, I regret that Grandpa Joe may not get to see the blog.....will have to see what we can do about that.
So, off we go on my 3rd blog...looking forward to posting in real time....as news happens you will see it with more pictures and frequent updates.
I hope that you all take a look from time to time. Let me know what you think and if there is any changes that you want or ideas that you may have.
Carol Carney (Grandma), editor and chief  :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment